today

Well, I found the cure for insomnia. During life before Moses, I had to fight to make myself go to bed at midnight. I'm just a high-energy person who normally hates to sleep. But now, I'm looking at the clock at eight, wondering if it can make it until ten.

Don't think I'm complaining. I actually LOVE this! I have so rarely felt tired in my life, I am amazed by how sweet rest can feel when you're totally zonked. It's almost as good of a feeling as a productive blowing of your nose when a really bad head cold starts clearing. (And with that word picture, Mom is REALLY wishing she hadn't shared my blog address with all her friends.)

The days here are busy but sweet. Moses is coming more into color every day.

I took him to the bookstore yesterday. I was a little scared about how it might feel to be the only Chinese kid in a totally white kids' section. I shouldn't have worried. He found a boy about seven years older than he was looking at a book. He snuggled in right next to him, and started asking questions (in Chinese) about what he was reading. Totally confident. Totally expecting that big kid to have nothing better to do than humor him. And the older boy loved it.

JD's late soccer games in the heat are tough. He gets wiggly and tired. But he's still a very good boy, and he's doing WAY better than I had imagined he would.

It's interesting to see him deciding that he doesn't like certain foods. This is a change from the compulsive, ravenous sort of eating he did the first week or two. He now seems to realize that more food is coming his way, and so he can be a little choosier. I stifled a giggle when he shut his lips tightly against a spoonful of baked beans tonight. I don't want him being defiant, but I'm so thankful the desperation of hunger is becoming a thing of the past.

His favorite foods? Green beans are a huge hit! (He says, "Green greens.") He loves fresh tomatoes. Zucchini, squash, broccoli. Meat (if it is soft). Rice. Fruit snacks. Skittles. Pizza. Candy. Yogurt.

Dislikes? He can't understand why we eat so much bread. He's not a huge fan of super sweet desserts like cakes/brownies. Milk.

Better run. Daddy is done with his bathtime, and I need to kiss him goodnight. I'll try to add pictures soon.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to our family’s adoption journey. As you read, you will see us stumble and take wrong paths. You will see our hopes surge and fall. You will see the gaps in our humanity, and how our God realigns us to His purposes over and again. We think the messiness of this process is important. Sometimes walking with God isn’t a neat, linear package that can be summarized in bullet points. More often, life ebbs and flows around our plans, while God works His sovereign wonders from it all. We are learning so much through this journey. And we are super excited about our new son. If you’d like to join us, we’d love to have you along for the ride.
Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP