quick update

Not much time to update this morning, so this will be brief. We are now in the mad rush of packing/planning. There are four orphan care facilities in Beijing that we would like to see, so we are trying to decide how to use our time best.

Bobby has been to China before, and he is continually reminding me that I need to leave extra room in our schedule for finding food, finding safe water, and finding transportation. He said that acquiring the basic necessities of life just takes more effort there, since you don't know the culture or language. Oh boy.

I don't think I've mentioned this here before, but out of my top ten "Situations that Nearly Cause Me to Panic," flying on airplanes, being in super-crowded places, and terrible smells are on the list. From what I've read, I think that means this trip will be a stretcher. Bobby said there are actually workers hired to physically shove a few more people into a crowded subway there. I wonder what happens if you push back? :)

That's a joke. Sort of.

Must run. Packing today. Making lists. Checking off boxes. It's all sooooo exciting, but a little scary. What an adventure!!!

:) Bec

Susan  – (July 6, 2010 at 12:36 AM)  

This is such an amazingly exciting time for you. It goes by so quickly and my prayer for you is that you will be able to cherish every moment in China. Don't make my mistake and wish it away while you are there in the middle of all those smells, people, bad water, nasty squat potties, etc...

I found I have a love/ hate relationship w/ China. I love it when I'm not there :) Actually it's much better the 2nd time.. so just keep that in mind :) :)

In all seriousness, I hope you will be able to relax and go w/ the flow while across the globe. Before you know it, it will be a memory so soak every moment in. May God bless and bring you safely home.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to our family’s adoption journey. As you read, you will see us stumble and take wrong paths. You will see our hopes surge and fall. You will see the gaps in our humanity, and how our God realigns us to His purposes over and again. We think the messiness of this process is important. Sometimes walking with God isn’t a neat, linear package that can be summarized in bullet points. More often, life ebbs and flows around our plans, while God works His sovereign wonders from it all. We are learning so much through this journey. And we are super excited about our new son. If you’d like to join us, we’d love to have you along for the ride.
Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP