slumber party

Woah. I really shouldn't have upsized my green tea tonight. One in the morning, and I'm still scratching through adoption forums.

One cool thing about insomnia? I found the contact information for Moses' best friend from the orphanage! He was adopted in March, and he's now living in Maryland. I wrote his parents to see if they could Skype when Moses gets home. Wouldn't it be cool if they could keep in touch?

Also, I'm giggling that two of my JC friends are checking this blog at 1:00 in the morning. I don't know who you two are, but I do have one of those counter things that tells me when people click on my posts. So I'm smiling that you folks aren't sleeping either, and that you're clicking around thinking about Moses with me. It's a virtual slumber party! We need snacks! And we all need to drink decaf tomorrow!

:)

Susan  – (June 14, 2010 at 10:26 PM)  

it's not me...
Here's LAX to Beijing for 1737...wheeee what a deal :)
http://travel.travelocity.com/flights/AirSearch.do?SEQ=12765794004695152010

Rebecca K. Reynolds  – (June 14, 2010 at 10:31 PM)  

Hey, I caught you! :) Haha. Pass the popcorn!

OK, read my comments under the post below this. What do you think?

I can get a flight from Charlotte to LAX for under $200. Hmmm...

Jessica  – (June 15, 2010 at 5:57 AM)  

I do not know you guys but was introduced to your site and quest for Moses by Carey Pace. I just did a quick search through kayak.com, searching for a one-way flight from LAX to Beijing on next Friday, June 25, and found several options for less than $1000. http://www.kayak.com/r/PvhkWC This link will expire after a little while so if it does, just search LAX to Beijing on Friday, June 25 at www.kayak.com and you should find the results again. The lowest being quoted right now is $927.

Good luck!! If you can get flights for less than $1000 each, how much money to you lack. And what if your husband has to go along and you fly to LAX to meet him and Moses when they land on American soil?

Rebecca K. Reynolds  – (June 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM)  

Thank you so much!! We appreciate any leads we can find!

Technically, we are SUPPOSED to fly from the US into Beijing and out of Guangzhou back to the US. I stayed up until almost three trying to find cheaper options, but I didn't check kayak! I'll give it a shot.

There's a slight chance our agency might let us do a round trip into and out of Hong Kong, taking a local train from Guangzhou on the way home. That way, when we arrive, we would need to fly from Hong Kong to Beijing to meet the group. But those internal flights will rack up costs, too.

If some sort of miracle happened, and if we found round trip and internal tickets for under $2,000 each (what we estimated for months ago when this number seemed way high), we would still need $3K.

But it's going to be OK either way. We just have to trust that there's a plan.

I have horrible, horrible vertigo today. (Right now I'm typing lying sideways on the bed with a bowl beside me.) I get it about 2-3 times a year when allergies are bed. Totally incapacitating. I'm thinking, "What if this happened while we were in China?" It would be a disaster!!! So, as sad as I am, maybe there's a reason it needs to happen with just Bobby??

Jessica  – (June 15, 2010 at 12:56 PM)  

Another thought. Have you guys spoken directly with airlines? Maybe you could get a representative who would find it in their heart to help a Christian family trying to adopt a child. Seriously, there should be an adoption rate for airline tickets.

Good luck with the vertigo!!

My heart says that YOU should be with your husband when he brings Moses home but you're right, things will work out to God's will.

Rebecca K. Reynolds  – (June 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM)  

You are so sweet to be brainstorming with us!!

I've already written Delta and United, explaining our story and hoping for a good rate. Northwest used to have an adoption fare, but when Delta absorbed them, that got nixed. Their current adoption fare is pretty rotten.

A friend of mine was trying to take over some medical supplies to orphans in critical need a few weeks ago. The girl at the counter told her she didn't care who needed those supplies, or why they needed them, they were going to charge her the same rate. And she was rude about it. It's amazing how many people really don't care about orphans at all!! I was shocked.

My heart is with yours. I want to be there, too. It's really hard thinking about so many months of praying and planning rolling out like this. I can't deny shedding a few tears, and this morning I was in a horrible mood. Just tired and frustrated.

But I have to trust that it's going to work out for the best somehow. The Lord has repeatedly proven trustworthy through this whole process. He won't fail us. Even if we don't understand the 'why's' right now.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to our family’s adoption journey. As you read, you will see us stumble and take wrong paths. You will see our hopes surge and fall. You will see the gaps in our humanity, and how our God realigns us to His purposes over and again. We think the messiness of this process is important. Sometimes walking with God isn’t a neat, linear package that can be summarized in bullet points. More often, life ebbs and flows around our plans, while God works His sovereign wonders from it all. We are learning so much through this journey. And we are super excited about our new son. If you’d like to join us, we’d love to have you along for the ride.
Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP