It's strange. Lately I find myself praying for a baby I don't even know yet. First thing in the morning, every morning, I'm thinking about how someone might be putting him or her to bed across the ocean. Last thing at night, I think about how our child might be waking up to a new day.

I pray that the caretakers will be kind until we can arrive. And I pray that God would protect our child from all types of abuse. I pray for that little body, and that God would protect it from disease and harm. I pray over our child's soul, and that God would put Christians in his or her path who would pray over this child there, and maybe sing a hymn over our child while he/she is falling asleep. And maybe that our child would find something to laugh about today, even though things are hard. And I pray for someone to love our baby, and to show him/her what tenderness means, until we can give him/her a forever home.

Sweet baby. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His countenance to shine upon you. And may He give you His peace. We love you!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to our family’s adoption journey. As you read, you will see us stumble and take wrong paths. You will see our hopes surge and fall. You will see the gaps in our humanity, and how our God realigns us to His purposes over and again. We think the messiness of this process is important. Sometimes walking with God isn’t a neat, linear package that can be summarized in bullet points. More often, life ebbs and flows around our plans, while God works His sovereign wonders from it all. We are learning so much through this journey. And we are super excited about our new son. If you’d like to join us, we’d love to have you along for the ride.
Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP