shuffle-ball-change



I spent about an hour this morning looking for jewelry parts to replace those my ETSY shipper decided to keep :( In the end, I couldn't find the same parts at the same price, so I'm going to have to wait until May 20th for the PayPal resolution. I think I've sent everyone who ordered an email offering a refund, but if I've missed you somehow, just drop me a note and I'll get that to you.

Bobby had meetings and got home later, but once he walked through the door things started getting better. He could tell I was stressed and tired. He made me eat even though I didn't feel hungry, then he massaged the back of my neck until I couldn't fight rest anymore. I got about eight hours of deep, deep sleep.

Some of you know that our teenage son just finished a role in his school's production of Singing in the Rain. After watching multiple practices, one of the songs from that production seems to be forever stuck in my head. It's called, "Good Morning."

If you've seen the movie, you know that song pops in after a pretty dark night. Gene Kelly (a silent film actor) is distraught that his career is ending due to the advent of movies with sound. So, late into the night, he talks with his best friend and best girl, moving from despair toward a plan to save the day.

I grew up in existentialist, post-modern America. So, watching a perky little Debbie Reynolds finding a reason to tapdance at 1:30 in the morning is definitely new for me. My emotional default involves someone launching cows off a castle. Or maybe a poignant, angst-filled camera shot as the credits scroll.

But happy little Debbie grins and shuffle-ball-changes her way into foreboding. I think I kind of like it.

I wonder where I can find some tap shoes?
Click here to see the "Good Morning" video

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to our family’s adoption journey. As you read, you will see us stumble and take wrong paths. You will see our hopes surge and fall. You will see the gaps in our humanity, and how our God realigns us to His purposes over and again. We think the messiness of this process is important. Sometimes walking with God isn’t a neat, linear package that can be summarized in bullet points. More often, life ebbs and flows around our plans, while God works His sovereign wonders from it all. We are learning so much through this journey. And we are super excited about our new son. If you’d like to join us, we’d love to have you along for the ride.
Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP